The Northfield Rambler

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Week in Review

Posted by Kevin......

Stace works hard, there is no doubt about that. She is the most dedicated person I know. This week she worked her normal schedule at the counseling center (including 11 hours Monday and Tuesday each!) and saw a client at her private downtown practice.

So last night we agreed that I should make dinner during the week from now on.

I see this as a good thing, but I fear there is only so much "Chicken with an unknown combination of Asian sauces" Stace will put up with.

Much to Stace's chagrin, I was on "stand-by" all week. (I didn't fly but I still got paid.)

I called my buddy Brenden (like so many of us in the aviation industry, he can be found sitting at home on a weekday afternoon too) and I borrowed him and his pick-up truck to grab the last few panels of drywall for our basement remodeling. "I love going to the home store." He said.


Brenden is also finishing up a basement project, although much more massive. He had to re-route plumbing and electrical, built walls to make rooms, and installed a whole bathroom.

While walking to the checkout, he suddenly grabbed an armload of constuction lumber. "I should get these. There a good price, ya know?" he said with an Irish accent.

The next day, I installed the drywall and began filling and taping the seems.

Stace is in charge of painting, since I am unlikely to paint a wall properly. There is ample evidence of that in our home.


So the painting will wait until Stace isn't so busy, and until I learn to make something other than "Sesame Mandarin Teriyaki Sweet-and-Sour Chicken".

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember that time we went to Super Giant Mega Colossal Humongous Gargantuan King China Buffet and you remarked, "Just how many different sauces can you put on chicken?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker