The Northfield Rambler

Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's Spanish for "The Nino"

Today's high was 15 degrees.....the warmest it's been in 4 days.

Most of the time, we were sitting at zero degrees.

That's right, there was no temperature.

We had no degrees. Which is still better than having negative degrees. It's strange, but when it's below zero, I feel cheated.....like someone owes somebody some degrees!

Maybe we squandered all our degrees in December when it was in the 40's and 50's. (You can blame El Nino, El Gore, or El Calentarse del Global for all I care.)

Man, I now wish I hadn't taken those degrees for granted. I spent many 40 degree days inside watching TV or playing games on the computer while precious degrees wizzed by my window.

I always thought I'd have more degrees. And now they're almost all gone.





As you can see from the picture, my friend Jason in Canada has it much worse.

(NOTE: There comes a time when it doesn't matter whether you measure your degrees in Celsius or Fahrenheit.)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I know how you feel, what with our lousy 70+ degrees and all the past few weeks.

    I mean, it's January -- where's our 37 snowflakes that keep schools closed for weeks on end? Instead, I'm driving around with the sunroof open (of course, I also opened the sunroof once when there was about 6 inches of snow on the car, and, well, it turns out snow doesn't move with the sunroof, but remains intact as the glass slides away, allowing said 6 inches of snow to fall into the car while one is driving down the Expressway.)

    But noooo. We've got sunshine, blue skies and temps in the 70s and I still have to wake up at 7:20 every morning to get the kid on the bus at 7:55 so I can be back in bed before the "Today" show comes back from local news and weather at 8:00.

    Moms love snow days, too, dagnabbit.

    So, it was 71 on Sunday and I figured I should do something "outdoorsy" -- so I went to the mall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker