The Northfield Rambler

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Henry likes Waking Ned Devine

Henry watches Waking Ned Devine, and is very curious about Ned, himself. We've talked extensively about the premise being about Ned's death and what he leaves the villagers. The other person who has a profound effect on him, and this should be of no surprise, is the old, mean, witchy woman (I cannot remember her name), who also dies in the flick. He's somewhat bothered by the fact that she is bumped off, but is clearly trying to roll with it, although I think it's hard for him to wrap his head around. Fair enough.

The third person he is particularly interested in is the boy, Maurice, who also plays a very small, yet quite important role in the movie. Henry asked me what the men were doing at the end of the movie as they walked to the cliffs and raised their glasses to "honor the man". I explained, and then told him that when I die, he should do something nice to honor me. He said he would "if" I die. I thanked him, kissed him, and told him to take his brother with him. He nodded, "I will," he said.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker