The Northfield Rambler

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Being the Patient

Henry wanted to play "fever", or doctor, and I was the patient. My doctor took my temperature, which was "8, 8, 8" - apparently very serious, and then he took my blood pressure, which was equally bad. He had a very nice bedside manner and promised me that he would do his best to cure me of my fever. But, alas, he informed that he "could not do it", and contacted his friend Doctor George on his Winnie the Pooh phone. (This is when I learned that my doctor's name was "Dolphin" - a fact that - had I known prior to coming in to the clinic - might have prompted me to seek out other providers...)
Dr. George came in, took my vitals, and then told me that it "doesn't look good". Later, he apologized (!) and informed me there was nothing he could do! Eventually, Dr. Suellen was called, and following my taking some pink medicine, I improved.
Dear me, it has been a trying day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker