The Northfield Rambler

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

There is one thing I know with absolute certainty.  I will always be thankful that I've spent so much time with my children, and I will always look back on it wishing I'd spent even more.  They are silly little monkeys who sometimes don't listen at all and I can go hoarse trying to get them to clean up.  But, on the other hand, they're marvelous little creatures who love with wild abandon, show a strong sense of security/pride/courage/and will, and have an openness that stuns me and makes me feel like they can see right through me sometimes.

Tonight we were playing Go Fish together, and the cards are fish shaped and are unique colors (like cafe au lait, buttercup, hot pink, indigo, jade, and turquoise) so often the boys would ask someone if they had the card they were looking for and they would stop and whisper out of the corner of their mouths, "What do you call this color again?"  Henry asked that once, and then Walter asked forever afterwards.  So cute.

Henry eventually started asking for "leparcot" in place of buttercup - which had me rolling.  And when you're with a 5 year old and a 2 year old and one person starts giggling, well, it's basically all over after that.

So, there are times when I want to pull my (or someone's) hair out, but in the end, I just wanna hang with the boys. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker